Shandur Top (also called roof of the world) is situated at 3700 meters/ 12,200 feet above from sea level, famous for being the venue for tradition Polo Festival since 1936 and pasture where yaks graze. It is situated in District Ghizer, Gilgit–Baltistan, Pakistan.
Do & See
Since 1936, yearly Shandur Polo Festival is being waited eagerly all through the year, which is held on the highest polo ground in the world at 3,700 meters height, the polo match between teams of Chitral and Gilgit-Baltistan is assumed to be the major event. The festival has also been fascinated country leadership notably Benazir Bhutto, FarooqLegari, General Zia, General Musharraf and General Raheel Sharif.
Camping at night with starlit sky surrounded by mountains provides enormous moments to feel the nature.
The site remains covered by ice during five months in a year, the most suitable time to visit the site is late April and early November. It can be reached with a drive of 147 km (91 miles) from Chitral or 197 km (122 miles) from Gilgit.
- Famous for world’s highest Polo ground in the world.
- The Polo game is played without rules or empire.
- The Polo Festival starts in July every year.
- Situated at the height of 3700 meters/ 12,200 feet above from sea level.
- The site remains under snow during five months a year.
- Shandur Lake
- Shandur Waterfall
- Phandar Lake
- Gupis Lake